Thursday, August 28, 2008

Author sighting! Richard Murphy, Confessions of a Contractor


I got a chance to meet Richard Murphy, author of Confessions of a Contractor, at a booksigning this evening. You probably know that I gave the book a very good review, and I would rate the book signing very highly as well. He was funny and charming and read several selections from the novel. He talked about his work in the film industry (you can find out more at IMDb.com), as a novelist and as a contractor, then answered questions from the audience. This is definitely someone who appreciates his readers.

The most interesting news from the event is that Richard is working with CBS to develop the book into a series. Just think - 22 episodes, 22 fabulous homes, 22 lovely Hollywood housewives trying to break the first and most important rule: never sleep with your contractor. Could be a lot of fun! I'll be following up as the production moves along, hopefully with an author interview to talk about the process of turning your novel into a pilot.

As a plus, I made it home in time to watch political history on my tv screen. I have rarely been so moved by a politician.

4 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Fun Fun FUN! Thanks for getting my book signed. And thanks for sending it, there is no rush since I can't get it for a while anyway - buried in the ARCs!

Anonymous said...

I want to read that book and almost bought it the other day, but showed some restraint for once.

Anonymous said...

Interesting about the movie/television opportunity! Cool pic - I love the BIG chair he's sitting in.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book too - the signing/meeting sounds like it was fun.