- City of Refuge by Tom Piazza: A breathtaking novel of two families, one white and one black, whose lives are torn apart by Hurricane Katrina and then pieced back together again in ways they couldn't have imagined.
- Will I Ever Know by Charles Henry: Chad wants to go back in time to meet famous singer/actress of WWII, Frances Langford. What happens when these two star-crossed lovers from different times meet?
- Webs of Power by Darlene Quinn: a raw, unsentimental portrayal of greed, manipulation and relationships set in the excessive, insatiable retail industry of the 1980s.
- The Necklace by Cheryl Jarvis: thirteen women and the experiment that transformed their lives.
- Descartes' Bones by Russell Shorto: A grand a strange history of the 350-year-long debate between religion and science, seen through the oddly momentous journey of the skull and bones of the great French philosopher, Rene Descartes.
- The Grift by Debra Ginsberg: What happens when a pseudo-psychic suddenly gets the real gift?
- My Father's Paradise by Ariel Sabar: A son's search for his Jewish past in Kurdish Iraq.
Not a bad haul, huh? Some fiction, some non-fiction, some suspense and maybe a little comedy. I'm going to try and get the pre-release books read and reviewed soon. So tell me - which one looks most interesting? I have really been looking forward to The Grift.