Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday Thingers


Today's question from The Boston Bibliophile: what other weekly memes or round robins do you participate in? Is this the only one? Why Tuesday Thingers and not some other weekly Tuesday meme? Or do you do more than one?

Tuesday Thingers is my only meme and I plan for things to stay that way. I got involved in this one through Library Thing and the blogging community there. I had originally planned for my blog to be all book reviews - no personal stuff, no contests, etc. - and I've managed to keep it mostly reviews, although I am finding that I enjoy writing a bit of commentary as well. If I picked up another meme, I would feel obligated to stick with it, and I want to spend more time reading than blogging.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes sense - reading is why we're here, after all! I try not to let internet time take over reading time as well.

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

I would hate for my internet time to takeover on reading time, but I do notice that reading other book blogs sometimes motivates me to read more if I'm in a book slump.

Anonymous said...

The great thing about blogs and bloggers is that there is a different flavor to each of them. I like your blog just the way have it.

Kathleen Gilligan said...

I also wanted my blog to be just reviews, but got caught up in other book stuff. So I only do Tuesday Thingers too, and have told myself the only way I'll do other memes is if I start posting way more reviews.