Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Thingers


Today's question from The Boston Bibliophile: What's your favorite bookstore? Is it an online store or a bricks-and-mortar store? How often do you go book shopping? Is your favorite bookstore (or bookstores) listed as a favorite in LT? Do you attend events at local bookstores? Do you use LT to find events?

My favorite bookstore is Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Cleveland. It's a small chain - 5 stores, total - and has a great mix of books, music, magazines, a cafe, and special events. I love booksignings, so that's a big draw for me (next on the agenda: Richard Murphy, author of Confessions of a Contractor, which I'm currently reading). Thankfully for my wallet, it's just enough out of the way that I'm not stopping there every night after work. I've been watching my book budget closely. Right now, I have over 100 unread books on my shelves, so I won't be out of things to read for a while!

I have checked out the Local feature on LibraryThing, but it has not shown much for my area. I think it's a great idea, and I hope more bookstores in my area use it to list their events.

I posted recently about favorite bookstores, gathering some information for a special web project. I'd love it if you stopped by and left some info about your favorite bookstore there as well. You can read more about it here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading Confessions of a Contractor right now, too. :-D
Have you seen his pic on the back of the book? He's a cutie, for sure! :-p

Elizabeth said...

I feel like nobody actually gets to make use of the Local feature on Library Thing - apparently it only works if you live in a huge city. That makes me feel slightly better, as I thought it was only those of us in Iowa who were being neglected. =)

Anonymous said...

LT local doesn't work very well for me, either. There is never anything going on in my area! Have fun meeting Richard Murphy. :D

Lenore Appelhans said...

Hope you have fun meeting Richard. Too bad I didn't get that one. Guess I might just have to buy it - ha!

Kathleen Gilligan said...

Meeting Richard Murphy sounds awesome :) I hope you have a great time! I'm jealous!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

You're much stronger-willed than I am - no bookshop is too far out of the way for me.
Have fun at the book-signing!