Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New to my Library

I haven't done one of these posts in a while, but I promise not to drown you in the deluge of new books this fall has brought to my door. It mainly came to mind because, as so often happens, when it rains, it pours. I have had a number of audiobooks on hold at the library and since they were newer releases, nothing was immediately available. I happened upon a copy of The Book Thief - 11 cds long! - so I started that one on Monday. Tuesday morning, I got an email that one of my library holds was in. Of course. Tuesday afternoon I got another email; a second book had come in. By the time I made it to the library, 3 audiobooks were waiting for me! I can do a lot of listening while I knit this weekend!

Some of these books are from the library, as explained above, and some have been added to the permanent collection. But here's some of what I've amassed in the last 2 weeks:

That's quite a haul, don't you think? That should also give you an idea about the reviews to be looking for over the next couple of months. I am especially looking forward to reading Badlands, because Richard Montanari is a local author and I met him at a book club a couple of years ago - I have enjoyed his books very much. Also Ambrosia is my first book for the Mini Book Expo, and I'm always excited about a new source of books. Likewise, The Spanish Bow is my most recent Early Reviewer title and the author has a fabulous name!

I can hardly wait to get started!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to be busy. I've got a couple of the same books in my TBR pile. The one I'm really looking forward to is The Lace Reader.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I bet the Book Thief is pretty exciting on audio.

Wendi said...

Hi Lisa!

Tag - You're IT!!

You've just been tagged for the "7 Random Facts Tag - Book Edition" at
Wendi's Book Corner
. Stop by to participate!

:) Wendi

Bonnie said...

Lisa,
What a great pile of books! The Book Thief is a powerful book. I read it several years ago and then again with my book club this year. My husband listens to audiobooks on his commmute to/from work. I recommended the Book Thief, mind you he is not a big fiction reader. He said that it was one of the best fiction books he has read/listened to. He also said that the narrator is a broadway actor and acted out the book in character and it made the whole experience amazing.

Marie Cloutier said...

Lots of fun stuff there. I hope you enjoy The Lace Reader and everything else too! :-)

Amanda said...

O great list! I LOVE the Spanish Bow. It is an amazing story and I can't believe it's the author's first book. I've reviewed it on my site.

Anonymous said...

Steve just finished "To Catch the Lightning" by Alan Cheuse.