Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Teaser Tuesday!


Happy Tuesday, everyone! There was so much to do over the holidays that I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to finish my book! So another few sentences from The Spanish Bow and I promise I will have something new for you next week.

You know the rules: take your current book, choose a page, and give us two teaser sentences. No spoilers, please. Today, in my sentences, Feliu meets the Queen:

Walker left to summon help in cleaning up the mess. When the echo of his footsteps had faded sufficiently, Queen Ena said, "If you won't gossip about my smoking, I won't tell anyone you broke the clock."

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a good deal to me!

Here's mine: http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com/2008/12/tuesday-teaser-not-what-you-think.html

FleurFisher said...

Now that looks good - another book to add to my wishlist!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I agree! That sounds like a good deal!

gautami tripathy said...

Good one!

LOL!


Here is mine

Wendi said...

I love that teaser - love the tone!

Here's my Teaser!

~ Wendi

Jo-Jo said...

Sounds like a good trade to me! I was a closet smoker for awhile so I know how she feels. I have quit for good now though. My teaser is here.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, talk about tantalizing! You know how to pick them, that's for sure.

Here's my own teaser.

Ali said...

The Spanish Bow is on my library shelf, waiting to be read. It looks so good!