Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays


It's Tuesday! And it's almost Christmas! And I'm on vacation! What could be better? I get to spend the day on the couch (a new one - a little Christmas gift to myself) with a pot of tea and a good book. I couldn't be happier.

This week, I am reading The Spanish Bow by Andromeda Romano-Lax. This is an Early Reviewer book from LibraryThing, and so far it has been fascinating. It is the story of poor Feliu Delargo in turn of the century Spain, and how his father's gift of a cello bow changes his life. A little something (racy) from one of Feliu's music lessons:

"And with her sighs, squirms, and my own fingers guiding me, I switched hands and traveled as far as I dared, under layers of silk and cotton, into places I hadn't known existed. At one point, she began to moan instructions, but I didn't comprehend - I didn't want to comprehend - until finally, she switched to musical Italian and barked a command I knew better than to ignore: Adagio!"

5 comments:

Literary Feline said...

My vacation doesn't start until Thursday and so I am counting down the days. :-)

I am looking forward to reading The Spanish Bow one of these days. It sounds so good!

Amanda said...

Oh I loved the Spanish Bow! What a great story! I hope you enjoy it as well.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

What a great teaser! I'll keep an eye out for that one!

The Bumbles said...

Wowee. Adagio indeed!

Wendi said...

Wow - quite a teaser you have there! I've read another blogger who posted a great review about the book - I hope you are enjoying it. It is one I'm going to keep my eyes out for. Here's my Teaser!

:) Wendi