Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays!

I don't know if this is going to show up or not - I'm writing this post on Monday evening, because I'm going to be traveling on Tuesday. Hopefully, when I get to the airport and have a chance to check in, it will have already popped up.

As always, the rules are simple: open your current book, choose two sentences to tease us into wanting to read it for ourselves. No spoilers, please.

My Teaser comes from a book I'm listening to, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I am really sorry to be putting this down for my trip, but I'll look forward to coming back to it. So, from Page 29 in a chapter called Forte's Children:

"Until then, he thought he understood something about those events, about the world in general - that there would be a certain balance to the story, that somehow there was to be compensation for the baby. When his mother told him the pup died that first night, he thought he had heard her wrong and made her repeat it."

No comments: