Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Thingers!



I haven't done one of these in while! Today's Tuesday Thingers question comes from Wendi's Book Corner:

Have you ever used the Swap This Book function which can be found on the main page of any book? If so, what do you think about it? If not, are there any other swap sites you utilize to exchange books once you are done? What do you do with your books if you no longer want them anymore?

I have not used the Swap This Book function. I have swapped some books with other LTers through some of the Groups, but not all that often. I like to keep my books; I have always liked the idea of having a library and being able to surround myself with books, but it's just not practical - at least until I finally buy my palatial estate where I have room for a big library. Usually, if I'm getting rid of a book, I hand it off to a friend. I know lots of people who are avid readers and not all of them have big book-shopping budgets. It's nice to be able to give someone a book I really think they'll enjoy. Anything that I didn't enjoy and wouldn't give to a friend, I generally donate to my local library or drop off at Goodwill.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gotten a couple duplicate ARCs and I've mailed those to other LTers, just because I feel like I owe the publisher a review for it.

Lisa said...

I do that, too. I've got some other friends with blogs and I've sent them duplicates and some of the unsolicited stuff I get that isn't really my taste.

jlshall said...

Ah, yes - I'm still hoping for that palatial estate, too. I'd love to get all those books out of storage and spread them out on floor-to-ceiling shelves!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I do pass on to friends when I think they'll like something (and I don't want to keep it myself).

Literary Feline said...

I tend to keep my books too. I sometimes will give away a book or two and occasionally make a trade, but I wasn't at all familiar with the LT swap function before now.

Wendi said...

Hi Lisa! I'm going to check out the trade thread in ARC Junkies for two books I'm looking for now. I'll see if I can part with a few in order to get those two for an upcoming book club. Otherwise, I have a hard time getting rid of books. I'd much rather add another room to our house so I can have a library . . . dreams!

:) Thanks for participating in Tuesday Thingers last week! I’ve got this week’s posted now.
~ Wendi