Thursday, March 26, 2009

New to my library



I've had some great stuff come in this week! I love getting new books, having new things to add to my LibraryThing Library, and having to find more room on my overcrowded bookshelves. Here are some of the things that have been added to my library recently:

Rubber Side Down: The Biker Poet Anthology edited by Jose (JoeGo) Gouveia. Did you know there was a Biker Poets & Writers Association? I didn't. Look for this review soon.

Rubies in the Orchard: How to Uncover the Hidden Gems in Your Business by Lynda Resnick. Hey, I'm a salesperson at heart. I occasionally pick up a business how-to book, just so I have a title to toss out at those lunches with the boss.

You Turn: Changing Direction in Midlife; Over 40 Stories from People Over 40 by Dr. Nancy Irwin. Now, I am not big on self-help books, but I'm over 40 and in this economy isn't everyone thinking about changing careers, changing locales, etc.? We'll see how I like it.

The Gray Apocalypse by James Murdoch. With those aliens on the cover, I bet you can guess what this one's about.

The Obama Revolution by Alan Kennedy-Shaffer. More non-fiction! I am interested in Barack Obama, not just as a politician and a leader but as the phenomenon he has become. His run for the presidency stirred up so much dust and got millions of people interested in politics again.

Finally, Stone's Fall by Iain Pears. This looks fascinating: London in 1909; Paris in 1890; Venice in 1867. I love good historical fiction and this one definitely looks good - and at 880 pages, it had better keep me interested.

That's not a bad haul, is it? Keep an eye out for these reviews in the coming weeks.


4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You had a great week. I love adding books to LT too. UPS delivered Stone's Fall here today.

Anonymous said...

I got Stone's Fall yesterday, too. It's one I'm really looking forward to. I loved An Instance at the Fingerpost and all of his art history mysteries.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Ahh...didn't request Stone's Fall and now I wish I did. Oh well!

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I got the Obama Revolution as well and am looking forward to reading it. I skimmed through when it came in and it looked really interesting.