Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays!


Happy Tuesday! It's time for another Teaser!

You know the rules: grab your current read and choose two teaser sentences to catch our attention. No spoilers, please.

Today's teaser comes from a book I am not really enjoying, Don't Call Me a Crook! It has a few bright moments, however, including this - a few sentences on what the author thinks about being married:

"When the street cars come in they are run over a pit and you have to get down in this pit and screw the underneath parts off them so as to do an overhaul.

It is an awfully dirty job and not one for a man of my training, but this is what you are driven to once you let yourself be made a married man."

10 comments:

Hilarie said...

Wow, I would hate to be married to this guy! What a romantic. Good teaser, although I'm sad to read that you aren't really loving the book.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I don't think I'd enjoy that book either!

Margot said...

So he thinks married life is the pits? Wonder who he's married to. Sorry about the book.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I can't imagine why you are not enjoying this ;)

Linda Nguyen said...

Interesting teaser, but I'm not sure I would read it. =/

gautami tripathy said...

Well! What to say to this?!

Tuesdays: Teasers/Whereabouts

Literary Feline said...

I love the image that teaser creates in my mind--very creative way to get across how the character feels about marriage.

I'm sorry the book isn't holding its own otherwise.

avisannschild said...

Oh dear, I wouldn't want to be married to the likes of him! Sorry to hear you're not enjoying this book.

jlshall said...

Hmmm. Doesn't really sound like my kind of book, either. Maybe you should move on to something more enjoyable. Recently, I've had to abandon several books midway through. (Life is too short, etc.)

Phyl said...

I can see why you wouldn't find the book enjoyable. My goodness. And knowing that the events are supposed to be true, I'd be even less enamoured of it after reading that.

Good teaser. I think. :-)

My own is up (first time in 3 weeks!) at Bookishgal.