Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teaser Tuesday!



You know how this works - take your current book, open it to a page and pick out two good "teaser sentences." No spoilers, please.

This week, I'm reading Rubies in the Orchard by Lynda Resnick, the marketing brains behind companies like POM, Teleflora, Fiji Water and The Franklin Mint. I'm really just getting started, but it's interesting so far (and since it's a business book, I can read at the office and no one gets suspicious). This is something that caught my eye (no pun intended) as I was leafing through:

I'm not focused on eyeballs - that's a part of the anatomy that is easily distracted and often glazed over with consumer apathy. I want hearts and minds.

So, what's teasing you this week?

6 comments:

Margot said...

Since I retired I haven't read one business book. Now this teaser has me interested - just for old time sake, you understand. Seriously, I'd like to hear about it.

Phyl said...

That's a great teaser. It's kind of unnerving, that she's so upfront about it. But it would be interesting to read about the strategy.

Meanwhile, my own teaser (finally) is up at Bookishgal.

Kaye said...

It does sound intriguing. Some of those businesses are quite diverse. She must be an interesting person. Have a great week and happy reading. My teaser is here

Lisa said...

Thanks, Margot! I expect to have a review posted late next week.

Jessica said...

That sounds so interesting. I haven't read very many books like that, but it definitely peaks my interest!

Staci said...

That sounds pretty intriguing! Did you enjoy it?